Monday, February 13, 2012

Sharing a Warm up Exercise

One Liners Collection                                                                                                        by Velásquez©2012

I have always tried to make art everyday, it can just be a doodle. I have an exercise I do in the morning, it only takes seconds and at times it may be all the time I have. I take a sheet of paper and put the pen down once to make a continuous line of scribbles/doodles never picking up the pen till the page is significantly covered with creative marks. Voilà! Your first masterpiece of the day! I keep these in a sketch and turn to them for design inspiration. Many can be a base for a lovely surface pattern design, have a go!



  Pieces from the One Liners Collection©


Thank you for stopping by!

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website



3 comments:

  1. I love stuff like this! Carla Sonheim does this exercise and then she makes one-liner faces or animals after she's loosened up with scribble pages. Google her, I think you'd like some of her techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea...they are beautiful...one liners...FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I'm going to give it a try. Amazing how your doodles even have your style, and they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...