Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake!

gâteau au yaourt 


My ten year old son spent time in the kitchen with me this past weekend. We tried our hand at  gâteau au yaourt (yogurt cake). In France I understand that the children use the yogurt container as their measuring cup, making it an easy recipe for children to follow. 
My son loves to cook. I told him that if he can make ten meals(by memory) or learn to cook/make at least ten things then he is a cook.
 My hope is that when he is off on his own he can cook for himself and enjoy what he makes!
 This yogurt cake has quickly moved to the top of the favorites list!!! 
What we have worked on so far:
poached eggs
omelette's
smoothies
chicken soup
shepherds pie
pumpkin bread
Julia Child's basic vinaigrette
Daikon radish Salad(he taught me this one)


I found a wonderful French Yogurt Cake recipe to share from Phoebe Schilla of Studio of Good Living

If you need a gluten free recipe go to http://hellogiggles.com/gluten-free-lemon-yogurt-cake

Thank you for stopping by!
"Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©
All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

1 comment:

  1. I loved the recipe that Deborah originally shared at Facebook and recomend it. I did it with my 13 year old daughter, who, unfortunatelly, isn't so keen on cooking (but does know what is good!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...