Thursday, August 30, 2012

Follow the line

Yellow Series                                                                           by Velásquez©2012 

More painting today with water colors. I continue to mix line with wash as is my style, whether it is a flower, a bird or abstract shape. I love the the way lines form when ink or paint flows off a brush or from a Sharpie. 
When the ink hits the paper I just follow the line. I love the simplicity of line.




Yellow Pods                                                                                  by Velásquez©2012 


Lined Yellow Pods                                                                        by Velásquez©2012 






Lines on Yellow Series                                                           by Velásquez©2012 





Thank you for stopping by.
This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©



All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

4 comments:

  1. Your doing great, I love lines, too....in anything and doodling is my longtime love...Love the patterns you are getting with the mix or strokes with different values and the lines..Brutal!!! I just finished Watercolor Bliss with Alisa Burke, she loves the use of lines, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing eye for pattern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I just love that bottom piece! What a lovely yellow!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...