Thursday, September 6, 2012

Design Evolution




The evolution of a design or a piece of art works differently for every artist. 
More often than not this is how it works for me.


Warm up exercises in a small sketchbook and loose pieces of paper which I will later put in my larger sketchbooks.





 Old and new sketches laid out on my desk. I always go to my history, the archives of the sketchbook stash to pull inspiration. What I didn't use before may be relevent now. 
I painted small scraps of paper for color play. All pieces go on a temporary inspiration board. 
I am forever moving and taping and moving and taping. 
Then the light bulb goes off and voilà. 
How do you begin your masterpiece? 
What does your desk look like?




Layout I like and then the color play! 

 


 

Blue Stems on Orange                                               by Velásquez©2012



Thank you for stopping by.

This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©






All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. You should check out Alisa Burke. She does stuff like this and has a regular blog post called Fashion Fridays. I think you'd like her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful piece of work those "Blue Stems on Orange", Deborah. They talk deep on my heart, telling a story about inspiring creative freedom and selfconfidence. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic - I love looking into the processes of different designers - And I absolutely the finished pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...