Thursday, January 12, 2012

Color Conversations, let's Tango.

EACH DAY has its own individuality of color.-Charles Hawthorne(1872-1930)


As I start percolating ideas for The Color Challenge I tend to gather books and items around me for inspiration not just for color but for ideas on what to create. Louise Gale, a fellow blogger, artist and life coach, has a color challenge on her blog which she started in August of 2010. At the first of the every month a color is given and you are challenged to create something using the color and others from the palette. You have until the 28th of the month to complete your project. To start 2012 she has chosen the color of the year, Tangerine Tango Pantone chose this as the color of the year for 2012.  Join the challenge, here, it looks to be quite fun.

Louise Gale Color Challenge.

What a treat this is because Orange is one of my favorite colors, I blogged about it in a previous post, here. Tangerine Tango is a more reddish orange, fiery, even hot in a tropical way you might say. 
Orange is a great complement to any color it is partnered with.

 PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango

Here are some of my favorites to share, I did borrow some for my children's collection of books! For color I just love this book by Victoria Finlay. Travel through history of color. She offers portraits of palette and fascinating stories about color.











Color your life creative. We live and play with color everyday. The world is our coloring book, in our mood, in our landscape and song. Not a day goes by that we do not process color in what we touch, eat, see, read, hear, even how we love or cry. You know I like to tie music into my posts at times so, in the celebration of color, here are a few song titles to leave you with: 
Purple Rain by Prince
Yellow by Coldplay
Red Red Wine 
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Mood Indigo by Nina Simone

Here is Ben Harper with In the Colors.....




All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or websit

8 comments:

  1. Inspiring! Love that Charlie Harper coloring book, too! I couldn't resist buying the coffee table book of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm taking the challenge also -- however, I struggle with orange. :) Going to check out the Finlay color book -- sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing, cant wait to see all the wonderful creations. I LOVE the color book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking the challenge too hmmmmm this is going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am infatuated with the twiggy color pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cambria
    The pencils were a gift they have similar ones at Anthropologie. I am silly about them though, I use them for decoration only!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,
    I love that Charlie Harper book, best $200.00 I ever spent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deborah
    I hopped over after seeing your favoriting {is that a word?} my tweet. TY. Maybe next year we can go to Alt! Your blog is looking terrific. Thanks for sharing this post-i'd love to join in the Color Challenge next month.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...