Friday, January 6, 2012

Word Paths • Be


____________________________


Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011
Word Paths, a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces. 
My goal is to present three to five words or three to five lines. 
I may go to seven words or seven lines but probably not often, only if needed. 
I plan to work the Word Paths out artistically and process them to share with you here. 
You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started.
________________________________


I was inspired by, of all things, a watercolor pad. I found this great rectangle size of 6 x 18 and felt it needed to written on.
 This size truly lends itself to the flow of script writing. The pad is by Strathmore, Series 400, 140lb heavy weight acid free watercolor paper. Used it in its entirety today so I need to go buy another!




I used all the pages working on the "be" piece. For supplies I used gouache and a sumi brush.




Here is my word path for today 

Be.                                                                                                                                                    by Velásquez©2012


As a blogger, you are always in search of your authentic voice. As an artist, you are always in search of your own style. 
As a person you are always in search of your authentic self, 
When these journeys are taken remember to be brave and be. 

Happy Weekend • Just Be • Enjoy the Language of Words




All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts, Deborah. I just love that you used the entire pad for your beautiful letters and words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. This all rings so true. Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So poetic, soft flowing and soothing to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...