Friday, March 2, 2012

Word Paths • Blue Moon


Blue Moon
_____________________________


Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011
Word Paths, a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces. 
My goal is to present three to five words or three to five lines. 
I may go to seven words or seven lines but probably not often, only if needed. 
I plan to work the Word Paths out artistically and process them to share with you here. 
You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started.
________________________________

Broke the rules again this week. I have gone way past my seven lines again!
In person I would probably talk you ear off! I was inspired by my son on this one. 
He keeps asking me to put him on my blog, to write about him on my blog he has even volunteered to author a post for me. 
So I am going to dedicate this post and art to him. My little "sweet face". 
My son is ten and nine years ago I wrote a piece about the moon for him called Moon Moon Way up High©2002. He has always been fascinated with the moon. I remember looking for "moon" songs to sing to him but nothing clicked for him. He especially didn't like Fly me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra which I found during my moon research, I even printed the words out to learn them. This lasted a minute with him.  Moon Moon Way up High then became his lullaby. 


Not to leave my two year old out of the conversation......he has a love of elephants, 
I still haven't composed an elephant lullaby for him! 
Because my youngest asks me to draw elephants all the time, 
I mean all the time.... he may end up with a beautiful wallpaper design instead!


Here is My Word Path for Today
Blue Moon                                                                                                                               by Velásquez©2012

I love the moon as much as my oldest does, a natural satellite of the earth. and when it is called a celestial body it carries such power. The moon symbolizes subtlety, clarity and reflection. The phases of the moon act like a timepiece. I love how it is used in our language everyday in phrases like, "once in a blue moon, "love you to the moon and back again" and feeling"over the moon. Love you my lovely boy......love you to the moon and back again! 
Thank you for stopping by. Stay tuned I might let my son do a guest post.


Happy Weekend • Dance in the Moonlight • Enjoy the Language of Words



Music video by Toploader performing Dancing in The Moonlight. (C) 2000 SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (UK) Limited


Here is a remake of The King Harvest Original 1973 version of 
Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader




All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

3 comments:

  1. Love your moon lullaby! I've always been drawn to the moon also -- can't step outside at night without looking up to the moon. Looking forward to the guest post by your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is moon obsessed too! Great lullaby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Deborah. The moon has long held a special place in my heart. I too have written odes about it and forever find myself gazing at it longingly. For years in my youth, I use to tell people that I wanted to go to the moon. That it was my biggest wish in life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...