Friday, October 7, 2011

Word Paths • Silence

Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011
Word Paths, a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces. 
The plan is to present three to five words or three to five lines. 
I may go to seven words or seven lines but probably not often, only if needed. 
Sometimes things just need to be said! Like today's piece.
I plan to work the Word Paths out artistically and process them to share with you here. 
                                                                                                                                                                                          Velásquez©2011
Keeping it simple with a pencil and an eraser on paper. 
The eraser was inspiration for the final piece of this word path as you will see. I enjoy using the stencil typeface because of its simple impact. I use this typeface often and the stencils themselves whether I am painting or printing tee-shirts. 
As I was laying out the stencils to prepare my word art I found that they made a nice piece of art as well. 
I love surprises like this while working. Designing by accident!

                                                                                                       Deborah Velásquez©2011

________________________________________________________________________
 Here is my word path for today

Silence Without Words                                     by Deborah Velásquez©2011


Happy Weekend • Never be Silent • Enjoy the Language of Words

5 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Love the way you depicted the word SILENCE. :)

    Nice to meet you through BYW.
    All the best,
    Mary
    Mary C. Nasser Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Deb. I never say anything in 7 words, I can say in 47...maybe I need to practice brevity.Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet your word path would be an entire show at a gallery with 47 words!
    You are the best. You keep us going and smiling. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the "silence!" Your work is great..simplistic, clean, meaningful and I love it..I love that owl..I cannot stop thinking of it! The print you made with the trees and owl..love it..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, yes! this is seriously beautiful, deborah! in love with this path. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...