Friday, September 30, 2011

Word Paths • I Love...

Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
Velásquez©2011

My Friday feature, Word Paths is in it's second week and I just love this idea. 
So many artistic possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces.
The plan is to present three to five words or three to five lines. 
I may go to seven words or seven lines but probably not often only if needed. 
My goal is to keep things in an odd numbered format. 
I plan to work them out artistically and process them to share with you here. 

 Pillow with sewn ribbon used for inpsiration  Velásquez©2011


Inspired by the sewn ribbon design on this 
pillow, I started to play with tape as a medium. 
I love how this inspiration lead to the realization of an idea.

Processing the idea on with tape on butcher paper.

 I wrote the words in marker then painted with strips of tape over them. 
I worked freehand as well but there was better control with a written guide. 
I played with the idea on butcher paper until I found my groove.

___________________________________________________________________________

 Here is my word path for today

I Love You Out loud and in Black and White                            by Deborah Velásquez©2011


_________________________________________________
Happy Weekend • Be Passionate and Loud • Enjoy the Language of Words








2 comments:

  1. very cool! I like the idea of butcher tape. i just bought some frog tape (multi purpose painters tape) which is suppose to be really gppd for this type of thing. Maybe I will try something like this for IF topic this week. Thanks! Happy weekend to you too. (husband gone again so off to paint:))
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. To cool for school Deborah. What a great idea. You are really making me think about using my thoughts and words in my artwork. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...