Friday, September 9, 2011

Words

Wire words on paper  by  Velásquez



My friend Jewel sent me a poem inspired by my first blog post, Wonder.
I wanted to share it here because friendship, love, caring, that is what it is all about.


WONDER (a poem for Deb, in honor of the word)

Wonder.
Wander.

Wave to me,
friend,
from that Wide-open
Winter Window
that frosts Willingly beneath
your Whispering breath.

Will me to find you, friend.

Remember with me
the Wet Walls
of an old English garden, as
I remember your Windswept bridal
Walk of Provincetown.

Wave to me, friend,
down through the Wandering years,
the Wind,
the Wonder,
the Wild leaves of the Willow,
And all our Wonderful Words.

love jewel 8/2011
Jewelkgm©

Thank you Jewel, my poet friend, my sister friend, my always friend.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Word are amazing aren't they?
Words are powerful aren't they?
Words have power, they can cut you, bruise you, soothe you or calm you.
 For me as an artist they embrace me with inspiration.

Do they inspire you the same way? 
Say them out loud, 
scream them 
paint them, 
draw them
sing them
mouth them 
whisper them
love them
read them
share them
honor them

"Words-It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning."-Maya Angelou

Happy Weekend










4 comments:

  1. Deb--tears in my eyes for your friendship, your reciprocity. Always.-j

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can say so much in so few words! It takes me a whole page to say "Hello!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah,

    this made me cry with utter joy! thank you for touching me in that deep place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wire words on paper! They have a wonderful quasi-trompe l'oeil quality, for want of a better description :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...