Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Art Every Day Twenty Three • Silhouette



  This five petal flower motif comes up often in my work. 
I decided to have some fun with how the photos line up. 
Love the movement created with the placement of the cut paper layout. 
Working with cut paper gives me a lot of freedom to play and process ideas.
 There is such strength in a motif when in silhouette. When was the last time you even thought to look at or draw something in silhouette, flowers, animals or birds? For me probably art school, an art class or workshop when they ask you to break things down to their simplest form in a drawing or painting. I should add this to my list in my Lessons Learned in Art School post. 
Great to keep in mind when creating. 
Give it a try, put your idea or sketch in silhouette, you will be pleasantly surprised.



All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2011.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on on your blog or website.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...