Monday, November 12, 2012

Art Every Day Twelve • Small Art




I am participating in Art Everyday MonthI have joined a group of creative people committing themselves to more creativity for the month of November.
 Seed Pod Stems                                                                                                    by Velásquez©2012
Day Twelve of Making Art Every Day! I am getting ready for two shows, so I am in production mode. I have made some small art which I call pull outs of my main print designs. I have a few rules I follow when it comes to art and having affordable art at a smaller price point, along with the pricier items is one of them and good business. It is also a great way to share your work. My other belief is giving away some art every now again, be it to friends or as a donation to a cause. This reminds me of one of my favorite past posts about Lessons I Learned in Art School. You can read it here. It is hard just to pick one lesson to share but one of the best ones was about art/design"If it doesn't work in black and white, color will not fix it".


Stop by Leah's websiteCreative Every Day and check out fellow artist and their creations for Art Every Day Month.

Thank you for stopping by.
This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©
All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I was just thinking about that quote the other day! I remember reading it on your blog,oh,so long ago now. Its a quote that often comes to my mind when I am creating. Ok, more info on your upcoming shows please!! julesxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Deborah, love your motifs! curious to hear about your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And curious to hear about a giveawy...? Yes, please. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great small art! I am in love with the stems design, especially in that lime colour. Loved your art lessons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the lucky recipient of a little gift from Deborah, her little owl stamp image. I love it and it stays front and center on my pin board above my desk. Thanks again Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and "Lessons Learned" Deborah : ) --Emine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...