Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Art every Day Twenty-Eight • Red....We meet Again

Day Twenty-Eight of Making Art Every Day
Here I am back to red. Trying to think outside the box again in regards to using more of it. 
I just recently mentioned that red is not in my usual color palette. I am an orange loving person, it is my red, as you can read here and here

So today I went around the house looking for red things to photograph and inspire me. I found a few things to share and I put together a mini mood board for you. Have you tried a new color you hardly ever incorporate into your work? Just curious.
Red is the color of 
confidence 
courage
action 
energy
and 
passion
It is the highest arc of the rainbow
 At twilight it is the first color you lose sight of

Red demands attention and represents beauty in many languages and cultures.
It shows determination to go after dreams.
It is also an emotionally intense color often associated with love. 
In China it is associated with good luck and fortune. 
In many cultures red amulets were worn to prolong life.
 AEDM brings together a group of creative people committing themselves to more creativity for the month of November. Stop by Leah's websiteCreative Every Day and check out fellow artist and their creations for Art Every Day Month.
Red Floral with Yellow                                                                                         by Velásquez©2012
Thank you for stopping by. 
This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

6 comments:

  1. HA! I have that Cabinet of Curiosity book. It is so...well...curious! Your study of red is fun. I would not have thought it wasn't one of your colors. You do confidence, courage, action, energy and passion well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae. I think of you in the same fashion....courage, energy and action especially, you are a "doer", you make things happen. Love your spirit!

      Delete
  2. fun collection of Red... always wanted to group my books by colour - but with so many books I thought we'd never find anything! xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first comment above. Your work shows all those atributes. And the red visual and written description is very interesting. Loved the porcelain vase with those bold lines. Well done, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethania! I admire that you have stuck with AEDM, I have enjoyed your art this past month :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...