Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Table Takes Flight • Final Print inspired by George Nelson Furniture

The modern appearance of Dragonflies, 
tail to tail forming a ribbon in flight.  
When a piece is finished, 
the art is seen and felt.
Ribbon in Flight                                                                       by Velásquez©2013
Blue Ribbon in Flight                                                                       by Velásquez©2013


Sometimes the direction one starts is not necessarily where one ends up. 
See original inspiration and sketches in my two previous posts here and here.
My clean modern lines went organic as the carving tools made their own course. 
I love handmade pieces and its imperfections.



Thanks for stopping by!


"Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©
All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. I like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful motifs & colours Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool! I see fabric. I see scrapbook paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Beautiful..the colors are fantastic...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...