Monday, January 28, 2013

Drawing with cutting tools for Line and Shape



 Echinacea                                      by Velasquez©2013

I went ahead and started to carve the Echinacea sketches I made for last Thursday's post. You can see the post here.
I wanted to approach the each drawing differently in the  print it would make. I wanted to show  graphic shape in one and in the other I wanted just line as in the original sketch. 
Each one shows its own strength in design. Love how they turned out.

Many test sheets for black ink on paper. I can see a few clean up spots but I do like the honesty of those imperfections from relief printing. 
Tomorrow will bring some color play experimentation.

Thank you for stopping by.

This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©
Bloom                                                   by Velásquez©2012


All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...