Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello January! Welcoming 2013 with George Nelson Inspiration




Hello January! After my orders were filled and paintings delivered this busy December, I loved the down time to reconnect with family and friends. I enjoyed quiet mornings with coffee and magazines while the kids slept in most mornings during vacation. God parents, cousins, sleep overs, snow play, movies and games filled hours of fun for us as a family.

Now I am back to my creative work after a lovely break for the Christmas Holiday. Looking forward to the New Year. Thank you 2012 for a fantastic creative year. You were brilliant!

While on break I was inspired by American furniture designer George Nelson. As one of the founders of American Modernism, I find the simple and clean lines of his designs very inspiring. Some samples of his work are pictured above. I made some line sketches and started to prep for some carving in order to make some relief prints this week. I played with layout ideas to see how the design might play out. I will let you see how things turn out.










"Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©

Collect the past....                              by Velásquez©2011

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...