Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May Flower Challenge • A Bit Sketchy








A Bit Sketchy • May Flower Challenge • Day Eight
Gathered my most current sketches of flowers to pick some motifs for making some stamps. I  I want to give them a permanent place in my handmade stamp collection. Stamps are easy to grab and make art with. The sketches below are all done on tracing paper so I can make easy graphite transfers out of them. You rub graphite on the back sides so you can trace your design onto the carving block easily. I will show a bit more of that tomorrow.





Flower sketches for day eight of The May Flower Challenge . Each day you can post your flower creation, whether it is a doodle, drawing, photograph, collage or painting. This challenge has been started by  Lori Moon, fellow blogger, talented photographer and jewelry artisan. Play along on a specific day each week or only once - whatever inspires you. 
Join the challenge, here, it is going to be fun. 

Getting ready to carve. I have all my tools and my carving blocks ready. See you tomorrow!




Make sure to visit the other artists who are participating in the challenge at Lori Moon's websiteI love challenges like this because it helps build reference material for your body of work, it adds to your sketchbook, portfolio, motif library if you are a Surface pattern designers and so on. Make it work for you.




Thank you for stopping by!

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

3 comments:

  1. stamp carvings of flowers, great idea, i must give that a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love me a sketchy flower! I just read about some stamp making ideas that I'm going to try as soon as I get a minute - can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must live in each other's head! I will be making stamps this coming weekend and posting next week. So much fun! By the way, I signed up for the sketchbook project so I may have to do some stamping in my book. Hmmmmm. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...