Saturday, May 26, 2012

May Flower Challenge • Love Flower Books


Mr. Marshal's Flower Book • May Flower Challenge • Day Twenty-Six

Mr. Marshal's Flower Book for day Twenty-six of The May Flower Challenge . 
This challenge has been started by Lori Moon, fellow blogger, talented photographer and jewelry artisan.


This one of my favorite flower books just to flip through and enjoy the illustrated beauties. The illustrations are arranged by seasons. I am always so attracted to botanical illustrations in their full splendor. Alexander Marshal was a self-taught artist, who was also known to be highly skilled. He had the titles of horticulturist and entomologist. The creations in this book were done 350 year ago. His creations, or should I say masterpieces were created over a period of thirty years. My style is so different than what I look at for learning and inspiration. It is fun to see how others render the flowers you love as well. Mr Marshal's Flower Book was a great find at Edgartown Books in Martha's Vineyard. A lovely independent bookstore on the Island.



Make sure to visit the other artists who are participating in the challenge at Lori Moon's websiteI love challenges like this because it helps build reference material for your body of work, it adds to your sketchbook, portfolio, motif library if you are a Surface pattern designers and so on. Make it work for you.



Thank you for stopping by!
All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Love this book. Thank you for the introduction I think I need to google and see where I can buy this one. Thanks for sharing. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been. Now I've got several books to order once I return from CA. Thanks for sharing this info, Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...