Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Flower Challenge • Quick Studies

Quick Studies • May Flower Challenge • Day Sixteen
Oh the month of May, that busy, let's do everything before school ends May!  School plays, graduations and recitals. You can tell when I am strapped for time when the chipboard sketches come out or I roll out my favorite, butcher paper! I want to make art but need to keep it simple. I have always said if you only have an hour to make art, make that hour count. 
I have young children so that might be all the time I get in a day. I have to work fast and embrace chip board, index cards, lined paper or cardboard from the recycle bin. If within reach it becomes an art supply!


Quick studies for day Sixteen of The May Flower Challenge . Each day you can post your flower creation, whether it is a doodle, drawing, photograph, collage or painting. This challenge has been started by  Lori Moon, fellow blogger, talented photographer and jewelry artisan. Play along on a specific day each week or only once - whatever inspires you. Join the challenge, here, it is going to be fun

Make sure to visit the other artists who are participating in the challenge at Lori Moon's websiteI love challenges like this because it helps build reference material for your body of work, it adds to your sketchbook, portfolio, motif library if you are a Surface pattern designers and so on. Make it work for you.

Thank you for stopping by!

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah...I love your quick studies! I know what you mean about hurrying to get things done before school ends...as a retired teacher...I know all about that! I have a HS graduation to attend this Friday evening...then, I'm done for another year.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really effective and striking. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making art if even for 15 minutes makes my soul sing so I embrace any moment that I can get during each day. Love that you use whatever you have or can find. Love these! Thanks for playing along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started collecting cardboard bits and using them as the background for mail art and pieces to tuck into my art journal. I love your sketches and all the echinacea that I see in earlier posts. Your rhody looks FAB. I love flowers and there are so many ways to depict them....though I don't have great drawing skills, I can usually come up with something that resembles a flower! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...