Thursday, May 17, 2012

May Flower Challenge • In Stitches

In Stitches • May Flower Challenge • Day Seventeen



As I mentioned yesterday, we are in the busy Month of May. Well you know that play I mentioned? My son is in the play and I have been working on a few costumes. They are putting on Suessical the Musical. My little guy is Horton.....Giggles! Anyway the sewing machine happened to be out and I figured why not sew some flowers. I looked up freestyle sewing and went for it. The samples are on felt. The trick to freestyle sewing is to remove the pressure foot from the machine and drop the dog feed so that you can control the movement of the fabric. With a little practice I can see some brilliant design come fro this technique. Give it a try.





 I am sewing not sowing for day Seventeen of The May Flower Challenge! Each day you can post your flower creation, whether it is a doodle, drawing, photograph, collage or painting. This challenge has been started by  Lori Moon, fellow blogger, talented photographer and jewelry artisan. Play along on a specific day each week or only once - whatever inspires you. Join the challenge, here, it is going to be fun.

Make sure to visit the other artists who are participating in the challenge at Lori Moon's websiteI love challenges like this because it helps build reference material for your body of work, it adds to your sketchbook, portfolio, motif library if you are a Surface pattern designers and so on. Make it work for you.





Thank you for stopping by!

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

3 comments:

  1. Totally fun!!! I never would have thought to sew flowers - brilliant! Love the shapes you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to love those flowers, and I am going to give it a try on my sewing machine, yours turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tips!
    The feed dog, I know what it does(google), but my little sewing teacher never taught me more about it or what it is.
    Could you show me that one fine time when we talk through ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...