Friday, May 11, 2012

Word Path • Be Present


______________________


Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
                                                                                               Velásquez©2011
Word Paths have  been a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces from the beginning of my blog You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started










__________________________
This Word Path is the lovely intersection of two conversations with friends. One is a new friend and the other, one of my oldest friends. I just realized how brilliant this happening is. I hope they meet someday. One conversation was about life and how busy things can get. Miss M. expressed how she is working on being "present". This stuck with me as I traveled through my day, I really made the effort to "pay attention". It must have made an impression because here it is as part of my Word Path. I am a believer that intersections like this do not happen by accident.

Here is My Word Path for Today 
Be Present                                                                                              by Velásquez©2012


As Friday drew near and I played with the words, Love Life, Live Life, Be Life. It was just okay for me. It needed work. I called my friend Jewel,one of my oldest friends. She happens  to be my go to person when I have ideas, want to talk art, words, family kids etc... She finishes my sentences, I finish hers. I talk over her while she speaks and she does the same back. We just love talking to each other. I love her honesty, her view of our world and her poetic talents. We want to start a column here on my blog called "My Conversations with Jewel". So, in "My Conversation with Jewel", I mentioned my Word Path idea and I mentioned the "life" conversation I had with Miss M., Jewel said "ummm", "be present, the word present is cool because it can be read two ways"......."you yourself are the present when you are present", you are the "gift"! Ummm. Love that, and that is how this lovely Word Path was born. These words travelled on the road of friendship, how cool is that?


Oh, by the way, I thought I should mention it was my friend Jewel who coined the phrase "Word Paths".


Happy Weekend • Be Present • Enjoy the Language of Words

Thank you for stopping by.
This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©





All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely thought, Deborha. And the way you told the story is a gift or a word path in itself. Happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...